|Users' Overall rating|
|1 Positive Reviews - 0 Negative Reviews|
InterServer is based in New Jersey. The company, which entered the web hosting business in 1999, has a customer base that includes individuals, small and large businesses, and Fortune 500 companies. InterServer’s focus is mainly on quality, but this has not prevented it from offering hosting packages at affordable prices. The company has its own data centers and provides a full range of hosting services, including cloud based VPS and dedicated servers.
InterServer web hosting products and their features:
1. Shared web hosting
Shared web hosting is offered on cloud based servers running Linux. Only one plan is available, but it offers unlimited resources and cPanel.
- Unlimited websites, subdomains, disk space, bandwidth, MySQL databases and FTP users.
- Unlimited email accounts, autoresponders and mailing lists.
- Email access via POP3/SMTP, IMAP and web mail.
- Scripting: PHP, CGI, Fast CGI, Ruby on Rails and Python. Server side includes (SSI) are allowed.
- Modules: Curl, CPAN, GD, ImageMagic, FFMPEG. More modules can be installed on request.
- Cronjobs and SSH access are available.
- Script installer, which installs 275 popular scripts.
- Money-back guarantee for 30 days.
- Free website transfer.
- Round the clock support.
2. Cloud VPS:
Cloud based VPS is available in resource slices. Customers can get a VPS with sufficient resources by buying the required number of slices. An account can have up to 16 slices. VPS is fully managed by the company and is available in both OpenVZ and KVM technologies. OS and software installed by InterServer is fully managed and supported by the company. However, this facility does not apply to any user-installed scripts or software.
- Each slice offers 25 GB of disk space, 512 MB of RAM and bandwidth of 1 TB. Currently, 1 GB of RAM is being provided per slice as a limited time promotional offer.
- CPU cores: One core for subscriptions of up to 4 slices, 2 cores for over 4 slices, 3 cores for over 8 slices and 4 cores for over 12 slices.
- Choice of OS: Linux (5 options) and Windows (for KVM technology only).
- Servers can be deployed in 15 minutes.
- Reinstall or reboot is available on demand.
- Kernel security updates can be applied without reboot.
- Redundant and high performance storage
- One public IP address.
- SSD storage and additional IPs are available at extra cost.
- An easy to use control panel is provided for Linux. cPanel and DirectAdmin are available on Linux at extra cost. No control panel is provided for Windows.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee and cloud backups.
3. Quick servers (cloud based dedicated servers):
InterServer offers fully managed cloud based dedicated servers using KVM virtualization. Servers can be setup within 20 minutes. The InterServer management portal allows reboots, reinstallation and VNC console access.
- No long-term contracts are required.
- CPU: Intel Xeon E5620, 2.4 GHz.
- 16 CPU cores.
- 25 GB RAM.
- 1392 GB of disk space (RAID 1 disks).
- OS options: Windows, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu and Gentoo Linux. All operating systems are available in 64 bit versions. Windows 32 bit version is also available.
4. Dedicated servers:
- Bandwidth of 6000 GB/month is included, but it can be enhanced.
- OS: Linux is free, but Cloud Linux or Windows will cost extra.
- No control panel is included, but cPanel, WHM and other control panels can be added at extra cost.
5. Reseller hosting:
- Can host unlimited domains.
- Daily backups.
- MySQL databases on SSD storage.
- WHM control panel.
- 80 to 240 GB disk space.
- 500 to 2000 GB bandwidth.
- Unique IP and private nameservers are available at extra cost.
InterServer has its own data center in New Jersey. The company builds its own servers, uses its own custom Linux kernel version and has its own nationwide fiber optic network. Everything is supported by the company and customers don’t have to deal with multiple vendors for technical issues. InterServer’s data centers and networks use the best quality routing hardware from companies like Cisco and Riverstone. Redundancy is built into every critical system for fail-safe operation. Their N+1 network always has surplus capacity and can handle unexpected traffic spikes or loads with ease. The facilities are manned round the clock by expert technical staff.
The company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for the shared hosting plan. There is a network uptime guarantee of 99.5%. Credits are available in case the company is not able to meet the specified uptime in any particular month. However, it is not unconditional and has to be requested manually.
The company expects customers to keep their own backups to avoid data loss. Support is provided round the clock through phone, live chat and a ticket system. A knowledge base is available for common issues and a forum is available for discussions
- Clear and easy to understand plans.
- A single unlimited shared hosting plan with cPanel.
- Innovative cloud based VPS plans, which are highly scalable and competitively priced.
- Both physical and cloud based dedicated servers are available.
- No risk: Money-back policy for shared hosting and monthly billing for the other packages. Uptime SLA is available.
- Uptime target of 99.5% is slightly lower than the industry standard of 99.9%. However, the existence of an uptime SLA implies that the chances of non-achievement are low.
- Free domain is not included in shared hosting, but the plan comes at a good price and with unlimited resources.
InterServer offers attractive plans for all types of web hosting requirements. The data center and network infrastructure of the company allows for rapid capacity addition. Hence, customers of InterServer are not likely to run into capacity bottlenecks. The company seems to have a good reputation in the market as a hosting provider. It will be a good choice for both entry-level and high-traffic websites.